WEIGHT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Body, Heart and Mind has an ongoing theme that it takes more than one element to create equilibrium. One of the elements is looking at eating habits.
The subject of weight management is not only about what we eat.
Food is a source of energy for movement in everyday life and exercise.
Food is also involved in all other psychological functions of the body; therefore you can feel negative and have lack of motivation etc. if you are not consuming the right foods.
Weight and size has become an issue in recent times for the public and the media.
Body, Heart and Mind can advice you on a balanced nutritional diet to help you with:
- Healthy Eating
- Weight Loss
- Increase of Muscle Mass
- Regaining energy and Vitality
- Being a picture of Health
- Improving digestion
- Improving your skin
When eating throughout the day, try to adopt the below example:
7:00am - Breakfast,
10:00am - Snack,
12:00pm - Lunch,
4:00pm - Snack,
7:00pm - Dinner
Try to eat every 3 hours,
for weight loss focus on healthy small portions.
For increase in muscle mass similar healthy portions but perhaps larger.
For cereals, choose an whole-grain breakfast cereal to boost your fibre intake. Try to avoid those that are high in salt and sugar. Use skimmed or semi-skimmed milk with your cereal, and try topping it with sliced banana, apple or dry fruit.
- 2 Weetabix biscuits with skimmed milk, plus fresh berries or a handful of raisins.
- 2 Slices of wholemeal toast, with 2 teaspoons of natural peanut butter & glass of orange juice
- Muesli with skimmed or semi-skimmed milk and fruit scone
- A bowl of porridge with skimmed milk and a sliced banana
- 2 boiled eggs with 1 slice of granary toast with grilled tomatoes & mushrooms.
- A Toasted bagel with a mashed banana and a teaspoon of honey.
Try some portions of fresh fruit, tinned fruit in natural juice, dried fruit or strips of raw vegetables, like carrots, cucumber or peppers. Healthy savory snacks include whole-meal scones, oat cakes, crackers, rice cakes, crumpets, muffins or slices of toast. All are suitable with a low-fat spread or a cup of low-calorie soup.
- Low-fat yogurt
- 2 Ryvitas topped with humus
- 3 Oatcakes topped with humus
- Oatcakes or Ryvitas topped with cottage cheese or natural peanut butter
- ½ a tin of tuna with 4 cherry tomatoes & 4 new potatoes
- Fresh fruit salad
- Mixed sliced strawberries and bananas, topped with light strawberry yogurt
- Fruit-filled pancakes
- Low fat chocolate mousse and fresh pears
- Fat-free yogurt topped with stewed bananas, sprinkled with slivered almonds
- Grilled pineapple slices
- Banana topped with low fat Greek yogurt, pine nuts
- Whey Protein
If you choose a sandwich made from whole-meal bread for extra fibre. For fillings, try tuna or chicken, and add fresh vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce or any other fresh salad option.
- Stir-fried vegetables - bean sprouts, onions, mushrooms, baby sweet-corn
- Quorn curry with brown rice
- Grilled tuna steak with salad
- Salmon with asparagus and steamed new potatoes
- Steamed salmon on a bed of red pepper sauce with steamed spinach and sweet potato
- Grilled salmon with brown rice and steamed vegetables with sesame oil dressing
- Salmon fillet baked with onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes and chilli, served with sweet potato mash
- Tuna steak, vegetable cous cous and corn on the cob
- King prawns grilled served on rice noodles with stir-fried vegetables, dressed with a little melted cheese
Use chicken, fish, meat or vegetarian - which aren't full of fat or processed ingredients. With Chicken and turkey meals remove the skin and any visible fat before cooking.
- Chicken/Turkey casserole with tomatoes and sweet corn
- Chicken/Turkey curry and rice
- Chicken/Turkey tortilla wraps with grilled/baked vegetables
- Grilled/Turkey chicken breast with Caesar salad
- Sweet and sour chicken with brown rice
- Pitta bread stuffed with grilled chicken and salad
- Chicken/Turkey breast sautéed in olive oil, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli
- Roasted vegetable, red peppers, pumpkin, onions, aubergine, courgette, sprinkled with feta cheese & a few seeds
- White Fish grilled, topped with lemon, 3 boiled new potatoes & green vegetables
- Stir-fried mixture of vegetable with olive oil
- A Glass of milk
- Casein Protein
If you would like more information Contact Us